Need help to catch the evil flame angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlam18

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've the fish for almost three years in FOWLR tank (75G). About 6 mo ago, I added a bunch of corals. About three mo ago the evil red frame angel started tasting the each coral. It already destroyed two lobo brains, one bubble anemone and one purple fire fish (newly add) so far. Today, it started to chew on my maxi clam. This is it, I need to take it out. Already tried the two net method, also the soda bottle method, both did not work. Before I have to spend hours to remove all the LRs, any good advise.

No good advice. When i removed the flame from my reef I basically ended up tearing it apart to catch it. Try going in at night when the fish are less active or try coaxing it with food.

Thanks Lando. He hided in the bottom and behind the rocks at night. It is very difficult to disturb him. I am mixing extra water and prepare to tear down the tank Sunday after church. Hope God listen to me and make the job easier. Lesson learnt.

Got her.... Took me three hours to tear down the tank. I cleaned the overflow as well. Tons of hair algae inside.... Will trade her something from LFS tomorrow..... Kind of sad, had her for almost three years, grown from 2" to 3" but just can't afford her keep chewing up different corals ervey few seconds.....

Back
Top Bottom