Need more fish for 40 g FOWLR.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HotSauce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everyone! i need every suggestion that yall can give me...i currently have 2 ocellaris clowns and 3 yellowtail damsels in my 40 gal FOWLR. the damsels are going back to the LFS by the weekend...can you guys give me ideas what to add next?? maybe give me a fish list if it is your tank with 2 nemos in it....thanks

Neon dottyback
Flame hawkfish
longnose hawkfish
dwarf angel

These are just a couple of suggestions, I would not add all those fish to a 40g that already has 2 fish.

How old is the tank? If its more than 6-8 months and you are having a good success rate keeping fish alive, you could look at getting some anthias. Beautiful fish..but they require an established tank. Stick w/ the hardier ones like barlets http://www.reef-aquarium.net/175pics/banthias3.jpg, Sunburst, or Pink Squares.

HTH

Squishy[/url]

Here's a few other suggestions...

Bangaii cardinal
Firefish
Clown Goby
Royal Gramma
Chalk Basslet
Green Chromis

SquishyFish said:
Dont listen to her..she has no idea what she is talking about! :mrgreen: Do you honey?

:censor: You and the dog may be sharing a bed tonight... :roll: :wink: :mrgreen:

For a FOWLR, how about:
Flame angel
Watchman goby
Sm Mimic tang

This is what I keep in my 90g FOWLR, but this was once a FO tank with the inhabitants present when I converted to a FOWLR:
Adult Imperator angel
Adult Annularis angel
Juv. Koran angel
Juv. Blue angel
Adult Majestic angel
Sohal tang
Blonde Naso tang
Hippo tang
Harlequin tuskfish
Flame Hawkfish

LOL, it's like the wild, wild west in there! All kidding aside, they all get along pretty well but I do not recommend this setup for anyone. They will outgrow the tank or stay stunted in growth. These guys were a result of "just one more" when the tank was a FO with dead coral decorations.

what kind of angel can i put ??? i would really love to have a dwarf angel in it.....maybe a flame?? coral beauty or koran perhaps?? need more insight pls...

I love my flame angel, so beautiful in everyway, you could also go with a coral beauty, but I don't think they are nearly as beautiful as the flames...

Back
Top Bottom