Need opinions for 75 gallon FOWLR tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YellowTang03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought my Marineland corner overflow 75g tank and stand. I am going to use a 30 gallon long sump with protein skimmer and have live sand and live rock rubble and macro algea in the refugium. As far as fish I have a list and wanted to see what you all thought.

Fish:
2 false percula clowns
1 six line wrasse
1 fuzzy dwarf lion fish
1 african flameback angel
1 foxface fish
and then just the normal cleanup crew. I currently have all the fish but the foxface in my 40 breeder while I am getting this tank setup. They are doing fine in there for now since they arent big. Woudl this max the tank out or is this to much? Any other fish options besides tiny little damsels and stuff...would like some neat fish that are little runts..lol. Thanks!

If they are all in a smaller tank now and are doing okay, then transferring into larger should work. Its surprising that they all are fine now, but they will love the additional room in the 75. Id think that you are close to max on bioload once they all grow. Maybe another smaller or medium fish or two at most depending on your filtration.

I would think that the lion fish would snag the 6line at some point though. Depends on size, I guess. Smaller fish with a lion just seems like you'd be providing expensive snacks.

Yea the lion is doing good. I keep him fed with ghost shrimp so he does pretty good. What opinions would you all give for stocking ideas on fish for a 75 gallon? I am doing a FOWLR tank no coral. Thanks

Here is my wish list for my 75 gallon. I have researched all these fish on live aquaria and they are good for 75 gallon and smaller. Let me know which ones would work. I already have the dwarf lion and clowns and anemone and flameback angel. This is gonne be a FOWLR tank only with no coral.
- 1 Lemon Butterfly Fish
- 1 Kole Yellow Eye Tang
- 2 False Percula Clowns
- 1 Fuzzy Dwarf Lion
- 1 African Flameback angel
- 1 Red Line Wrasse
- 1 Firefish Goby
- and a good cleanup crew plus the tank has a 30 gallon sump with refugium and all.

Seems like that could all work. I'm not sure about fire fish with a Lion, maybe someone here has had experience. I've never had a lion, but kinda see them as the type to try and eat whatever comes by them that they can fit in their mouth.

Get your lion on Atleast silversides. I personally vary between those and krill. Ghost shrimp aren't really nutritional for the lion, they also teach the lion that anything small and moving is food. (which is why hand feeding prepped food helps calm them down)

I will try that. I bought the feeding stick for him and was gonna try krill and raw shrimp soaked in garlic extract.

if you cant get him to eat, just try everyday at night time. he will eventually eat. mine took 5-6 days before he ate his first meal in the tank. now he tries to eat everyday lol

Back
Top Bottom