Need some ideas..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salttanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting the urge to get another friend for my 90G FOWLR tank. My signature has the fish listed that I currently have. All ideas are welcomed!
8)

Mike

Do you think the Blenny family would be ok with what I have? I don't know much about these species. I will see if I can find some information regarding this family. Thanks for the info.

Mike

You have to be careful with your Livestock levels. That Niger Trigger and Foxface gets pretty huge! The last thing you want to do is overload your tank. The blenny may be a good idea if your Foxface is not taking care of all the alge.

I am just looking for one more specimen for my tank and that is it. My foxface and crab do a great job at keeping the algae under control. I was thinking about a Flame Angel this morning. Any concerns there?

Mike

The Flame Angel is not as hardy as the fish you have now. It is also not as aggressive and the site below does not recommend putting them with other large predator fish. With it’s specialized diet it may be hard for you to keep it with the carnivorous fish you have (it would be kinda hard to feed it a specialized diet considering the aggression of the other fish). It’s actually a beautiful fish because I have one myself but from experience it can be very finicky. Maybey you should get another damsel. What kind do you currently have? Wow, I can’t believe your crab has surviced with that Trigger in the tank. I have a Huma Huma, and a Clown Trigger in my other tank. Those things are ferocious.

Actually, my trigger doesn't even go around my crab at all. I think it is disgusted by it, or just docile enough to leave it alone. I have one reef devil, and one yellow tail damsel in there now. I am wanting to get one last fish that would really add color and fit in with everyone..something colorful and hardy. Any other suggestions? Maybe a different angel?

Mike

The Flame angel is the hardiest angel out there IMO because my experience with others have not worked out. The Coral Beaty is also beautiful but it pron to get fin rot…the ebile angel is nice but it usually starves it self to death. The other dwarf angels I don’t even try to keep. The six or three line wasse is pretty hardy and has a bit of color, but those damsels might eat bother it to death if it’s not big enough. The thing is, those damsels are mean, I have one orange tail damsel in with my Clown trigger, Huma Huma trigger, and green bird wasse. I had the two clowns already and they tried to eat him when I first put it in the tank but they got use to him after awhile plus that this is pretty fast. I tried to ad a Flame Hawk and a coral beauty in the tank and they all ganged up on them….the triggers left them alone for awhile but that damsel would not give up, so I took the Hawk and angel back. When I put my Green Bird Wasse in the damsel went after it for a while (mind you that the wasse is about 7in long and a usually aggressive fish) long story short, the wasse turned on the dames once it got settled and beat it up…no problems anymore. My point is, that if you put something small in…you run the risk of harassment which could stress the fish to death. Maybe a Long noise hawk fish or maybe even try the Flame Hawk. They are pretty hardy and can be aggressive. I think I could have kept my Flame hawk if the triggers were not going after it. Just check out the various fish on the site below and get a idea of what fish might go good in your tank. They have pretty good bios on each fish.

Back
Top Bottom