Need some ideas for stocking please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a better chance that your clowns will host a nem rather then a toadstool or mushroom, my clowns dont pay attention to my toadstool. A cb shouldnt pick at a mushroom or a nem....tabk raised clowns simply dont host things like wild caught clowns do :/

Ahhh thanks Nu.. I'm just concerned about a coral beauty killing a nem! But if he will leave it alone cool!

I have never heard of a dwarf angelfish killing a nem, technically they are inverts :eek: do have/want tank raised clowns or wild clowns??

2 mocha clowns and ya know I honestly don't know if they're tank or wild. I need to go buy some RODI water tonight so I will be sure to ask. Might even be time for a new fishie to be purchased, but I don't know yet. He QT's his fish there for 3 weeks, so even if he has one in, it won't be ready for a little bit. Might put a deposit though :cool:

I am almost 99% sure mocha clowns are tank raised. To get a mocha clown you need to breed an orange clown with a black and white clown, that does not happen in nature. So yes i would say you have tank raised clowns :O

Haha good call! Really testing you this morning lol... Whatcha think about a coral beauty?

Wifey likes the beauty. I like the flame or the lemmonpeel personally! But wife's gotta be happy too lol :cool: I'm sure a lotta dudes on here will vouch for that!

Haha true.... The coral beauty is kinda purple so thats pretty boss. The bright red of the flame and the deep blue of the coral beauty is unbeatable

I decided I'm not going to do corals in my 55 gallon, so stickin to FOWLR. When we get a house I'm planning on at least a 125 gallon, MAYBE a 180... Then I'll start to have some fun. We are going to be moving in a couple years, id hate to establish a sweet coral tank just to take it down 8-(

Well a couple of years is a long time to own corals, you could grow out some nice colonies before you have to move and they would fill in your 125-180 gallon reef tank very nicely! :) just a thought...

I know it's far in advance but I'm worried about moving them...?

Well your not moving them across the country are you? If its just a few hours they will be fine! :)

But isn't moving a salt water tank a huge pain... Meaning don't you need to basically re-cycle your tank because of the sanded getting so disturbed? I'm sure moving fish is a big enough pain let alone all the corals...!

No really a big pain..... Unless you can't keep your rock submerged completely to guarantee 0 die off. Just use new sand. And put some biomedia or sponges in your filter an put it in the filter of the new tank to make sure you have enough nitrifying bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom