New 29g tank....finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shex613

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally, finally, finally got my rock.....so here's my thread
29 g
15#s sand
28#s Totoka rock
Marineland Emperor 280 bio wheel hob
I got ro di water a month ago and that's all been cycling and I had a clown and dotty back but they tragically died. Wasn't a good day. Did 50% wc and added 5 mollies and all levels have been at 0-nitrates, ammonia, salinity at 23-24, temp @80 for 3 weeks. Tonight added the rock and 4 zebra herms and did another wc. Now I search for a skimmer, power head and new lighting oh and more money....lol. Suggestions on those would be greatly appreciated. I plan on a pair of clowns, a blenny, a shrimp, but with the ut-most patience I can conjure up. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411092197.108985.jpgATTACH]250365[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411092284.118938.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411092315.189340.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411092371.003149.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411092240.069729.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411092240.069729.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 152
Daily update.....salinity-22, ammonia-0, nitrites.25, ph 7.4. All 4 crabs and mollies accounted for. Noticed a slight smell, normal I'm guessing. Question....with new rock I was going to do weekly wc's or do I do sooner as it is newer cured rock?

Well, you are smelling most likely your ammonia source going on in your tank. Usually goes away when the ammonia is...your nitrite might be pointing to something like this going on.
In terms of water changes, when your tank is fully cycled you should do weekly water changes to keep the nitrate levels in check. Usually 10%.

Tank update...salinity-22, ammonia -0, nitrites-0, ph 7.8, slight smell but just smells like a fish tank to me, nothing rancid. All critters accounted for. Gonna check levels again on Thursday and if they are still the same going to do 10-15% wc. Hopefully power heads are here so I can take these mollies out and add my clowns and blenny. Oh the joys of waiting

So the smell is gone. Before wc this am salinity-22, ammonia-0, ph 7.8 and nitrites-25. Did a 25% wc and 5 hours later levels were all at 0, ph 7.8 and salinity at 22. Temp is at 78. Lost 1 hermit crab-URGH. Don't know if there's enough in there for him to eat?? Going fish shopping this weekend. Hopefully gonna get a pair of clowns and price lighting and get different light bulbs. Gotta get the mollies outta of there. I know they are brackish but it feels wrong have them in both my freshwater and saltwater tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Checked levels 5 hours after wc and no nitrates, no nitrites, no ammonia and ph @7.8

Back
Top Bottom