New biocube 29 FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feenixfire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, new to the forum and to saltwater in general (had/have tons of freshwater tanks). I picked up a biocube 29, want to go with FOWLR for now and maybe coral in the future but i'm confused on the live/dry rock. First I read somewhere it takes months of curing dry rock to get it to live rock, then somewhere else mentioned using a piece of live rock as a seed to get the dry rock set. My question is this. I only have the one tank, my son wants his nemo asap (I told him at least 2 months away), and i'm at the end of my budget so what's the expert's suggestions on getting my tank going? Can I mix live with dry rock in the biocube from the start? is there a specific ratio (e.g. 1lb live rock to every 4lb dry)? Should I just buy all live rock (crazy expensive stuff)? The plan was also to use live sand if that helps clarify. For specs the biocube is stock, added their skimmer (before I read about the better option), still need to add a heater, and I have a mini uv sterilizer i'll put in line. Ideally i'd like a couple clowns, an anemone, a starfish, and crabs but I've not done research on those so if there are blatant red flags feel free to point them out! :thanks:

You can mix live rock and dry rock. Not sure if there is a ratio to use. I would get 30 lbs total and most I could like but at least 7 to 8 lbs to get it going.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom