New blue dot stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parkinglotninja

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently purchased a blue dot from my lfs. He is doing amazing in his new home. He is friendly towards the few other fish he is housed with and has been very mobile and curious. The only issue I'm having is getting him to eat. He just doesn't seem interested. I've tried smashed Rosies, ghost shrimp, and even a silverside and have had no luck. He just swims around it. Any suggestions?

Here is a video of him:

Turn off water flow, put dish on sand, put live blackworms on dish, and carefully lead ray to blackworms. Try this before moving on to cut up earthworms.

WOW

Your ray is B-E-A-UTIFUL! I have wanted a ray forever and i just always thought my tank was just too small for one ... so what size is your tank? It looks kinda small.

imtotallytanked92 said:
Your ray is B-E-A-UTIFUL! I have wanted a ray forever and i just always thought my tank was just too small for one ... so what size is your tank? It looks kinda small.

It's large enough for now (100 gall). The ray is still an infant and is small. I dont plan to keep him in this tank for long as I am working in a much larger build.

Shouldnt the substrate be smaller and smoother? It seems like he doesnt want to put his "wings" down.

Nah. I have it divided. 3/4 is sea sand and the remainder is crushed coral. He was just really active in the video. Almost like he was showing off. He routinely lays down and buries himself.

Back
Top Bottom