New England style aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a beach house along the north shore of New England so I want to try and create a tank that would include marine life from that area. What is all the equipment I would need to make this happen?

A rather expensive cooler to keep the water the correct temp to start with. Depending on the size of the tank, they range from about $500--$5000.
Cold water marine tanks are harder to maintain than tropical, and I'm not sure if you would be able to acquire livestock without collecting it yourself, which may not be legal.

you should look into the availability/feasibility of keeping local critters.

Does anyone have pics of ones they have

Most saltwater tanks aren't cooler water ones like you are thinking about. Most of ours mirror the waters in the caribbean or around fiji.
Though this isn't out of the ordinary. All you would have to do is some research about the water temps and such around there. Figure out what you want to keep in it and match the needs to the livestock.

New england fish would be a bit bland..no? Cod, sea bass? A sea robbin would be kind of cool! You'd need a huge tank to pull this off..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think acquiring the livestock will be the biggest challenge. You never see cold water species for sale in the stores or online, they are just to cost prohibitive to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom