New flasher wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester23

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I picked up a new Filamented Flasher Wrasse for my 20 gallon FOWLR. I know it may be a bit small but I plan on upgrading to a 45 gallon in a month or so. I've read that they are very shy at first. My Flasher Wrasse is always hiding and laying next to my live rock. He moves from time to time and is eating well. Would this be him being "shy"? Is he alright?

Yeah. I took precautions. Do you think he will be alright in my 20 gallon for a while? I mean I think I'm pretty sure about the 45 gallon later on. But just in case. Do you think he will be alright there?

You're likely to run into problems later down the road keeping him in there. The skeleton and insides grow while the body doesn't - stunted growth. Best to upgrade or take him back to the LFS when he starts outgrowing the tank

A filamented will be fine (without stunting) in a 20 for awhile. I don't recommend it, but I've done it in a past "rescue" and all was fine. I would worry about adding it to a tank without a qt period though.

definitely worry about the carpet surfing. The smaller the tank the more likely they are to take the great airy plunge.

I have a canopy with a tight lid so i think the carpet surfing will be fine. He seems to be doing fine now. He's swimming around now constantly. I feel relieved. Thank you all. I will try for the larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom