New Home for Orchid Dottyback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katyg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Sorry to post this thread in two different forums, just hoping to get as much input as possible as well as reaching other Seattle members in case they can help.
So I'm about to order a tank bred Orchid Dottyback Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Fridmani Pseudochromis - Tank-Bred
and I am worried that if he doesn't get along with my false percula (the only other fish in the tank, see profile for tank details) I won't really have a place to keep him while looking for a new home for him. There are a few LFS in the area but what are the chances they'd take a fish in that has very little history?
Thanks!
-k

I'm pretty sure any of the reputable LFS in/around Seattle will take the fish in for credit if you don't end up wanting it. If you're unfamiliar with the area's stores and need some suggestions for places to try, give me a PM.

Putting a pseudochromis in a 12g with a clown (or much of anything, for that matter) sounds like trouble to me, but I've never personally owned one. (A pseudochromis, that is.)

If the purple pseudochromis is anything like my bi-color pseudochromis he'll end up the boss of the tank. He rules over fish twice his size. They also like to rearrange your sand for you too.

Use caution on this fish ...
They are agressive will pick at any other fish ,
they are jumpers ,and will snag smaller fish , shrimp and also snails and hermits (IME) difficult to remove once in .... I would NOT add it ... I had one that I loved and called him the purple prinah ( I know I misspelled that :p) he was active and swam at all levels till he started picking off my shrimps and picking on the clowns ..... I had him for 2 years but I eventually got fustrtated with him and he was removed ....My clowns cowered but now are acting like clowns again ...Not worth it in my opinion .... I also have a nano and they are more agressive since the terratories are much smaller there ;)

Back
Top Bottom