New SW Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dw6565

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently changed from African Cichlids to SW. I had some coral, rocks, and shells in storage for years ( i had SW many years ago)and have started to setup tank (after good cleaning) with them. I have 50 gal. tank, argonite sub with a bag of live sand (not yet added) I have large cannister filter (Fluval 305), Skimmer for 100 gal tank, 250gph recirculator. I plan on Fish only (2 to 4) with a small amount of live rock. Due to some other issues, I will not be able to add fish until late Oct. I have added salt and have 1.024 specific gravity. I am thinking about going ahead with the live sand (15lbs) and 5 lbs live (cured) rock now and a couple of starter fish and hermits late Oct. Does anyone have any opinions on my direction. At the end of the day, I want 2 to 4 nice small to medium size fish and 1 or 2 types of inverts. FOWLR I would also appreciate thoughts on stock.
Thanks for helping
Dave

I would start the cycling process now then, it will take a couple weeks anyway. Check out our articles section for good start up info to refresh your memory.

I agree with the cycling. We have a nice article about Sw cycling in the articles section.

Back
Top Bottom