New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ram74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Its been a while since I have posted here, but I recently purchased a 265 gallon perfecto aquarium, and getting rid of my 180. I should have the tank this Thursday. I'm doing black sand with a black background and plenty of live rock, as soon as the rock cures I'm considering adding a couple of yellow tangs and a flame angel. Other than that I'm not sure what else I'm going to be adding. I was curious to see if anyone has any pics of saltwater aquariums with black sand.

I dont have any but I have a friend that has one and she said they hard to keep clean.

I dont have any but I have a friend that has one and she said they hard to keep clean.

Thanks for the imput, but I'm very eager to get it up and running because I never had a tank with black sand and I'm curious to see what it looks like.

That's not my tank its just one that I knew of that used black sand. I'm pretty sure it's a nano but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

Here are some pics

img_851255_0_bfd0c6134b16663609bbc09bad224c46.jpg

img_851255_1_0a5e585798120419c7c3f65dc4dee8a4.jpg

Now the hard part is getting it home and moving my 180.

Congratulations on the new tank! Take lots and lots of pics and document every step of the way you will be very glad you did later believe me!

Will do, Im just waiting on my buddy to come back from Florida so he can help me move the tank from the store to my house.

Did your tank already cycle? You may want to rethink those damsels because they can get nasty to newcomers.

Did your tank already cycle? You may want to rethink those damsels because they can get nasty to newcomers.

I used everything out of my 180 except for the sand, and 80 gallons of water from a friends system. I didnt put the damsels in ther thanks to the gf for suprising me with them.

Well the sand looks pretty awesome in there. The colors of the fish really stand out against it!

That is a lot of damsels!

Back
Top Bottom