New Tank Questions Upgrade 75 > 90

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgrutzmacher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Guys,

I am upgrading my 75g to a 90g and have a few questions. I think I have a good plan for moving the livestock and live rock to the new tank but I want to replace the sand bed. The questions I have are as follows.

I plan on using the same wooden for the base of the 90g. Should I be concerned about the additional weight of the 90 tank and additional live rock?

I think I want to replace the sand bed in the new tank. I plan on using all the same live rock and water when I make the move. Right now I have pretty course sand but I think I want to go to some that is the size of sugar. Should I use live sand or not?

The stand should be fine but why did you opt to go with a height only upgrade? Same footprint just need more light to light it now

The 75g is very old and I (think) I want to get a tank that is pre-drilled. Looking at the 90g because I finally want to use my lighting (2 - 250w MH and 4 T5s - 2 white and 2 actinic). I tried this lighting setup with the 75g and I think I had too much light.

Back
Top Bottom