New to AA i need some help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azul17

Aquarium Advice Activist
First of all I'm new to the saltwater aquarium world. I recently bought a 90g from Craigslist (picture attached). It has plenty of live rock (almost 100 lb.), live sand, 2 clownfish, 3 bicolor dotty back, 1 six line wrasse, and 5 yellow tail damsels.
I've had the aquarium for 2 weeks now an I was wondering when do you guys recommend adding new fish?
I eventually wanna add a blue tang, a diamond watchman goby, a fox face , a raccoon butterfly fish and also some shrimp.

Can I start adding new fish now?
Thank you in advance for all your advice.

image-944048616.jpg

Welcome :) cool tank by the way . Not a saltwater person ether.

:welcome: to AA! :)

So...you've had this tank for two weeks? Do you mean two weeks you've had the fish and it's was set up previously before, or you just plopped the fish in a newly cycled tank?

This thank was previously set up for about a year. I got it with fish and everything.

Do you think it's ok if I add new fish? Or should I wait a few more weeks? I wanna start by adding maybe a diamond watchman goby and some shrimp.

I think its ok to add shrimp, but do not add a blue tang... Ever. They need a 180 gal. And if you NEED a tang in there a yellow tang would do ok

Ok. Thank you so much for your advice. One more question. Is it safe to put a hand feed snowflake eel with the fish I have and with shrimp if I add later on?

I am unsure about the eel... I know that they can eat shrimp but i do not know if thats common or not..

Good to know! I'll wait on the goby a couple more weeks.

Or a couple more months :/ how bout you get a yellow watchman or orange striped prawn goby? They are easier to keep in my opinion. About the eel, they are usually safe with inverts but not safe with crustacions (spell check)

They are semi-agressive and will eat anything they can swallow (including small fish) they are also nocturnal and will ambush small fish at night.... I dont no if you should get one.

Yea. That's a good idea. How about adding anemone for the clownfish?

Haha noo it is not necessary. I do not own one but they are hard to take care of and if they die will release toxins that will hurt your tank. The clown doesnt need one to be happy, they will host anything.

I feel like such a downer saying no to all of your ideas! Haha im sorry :/ but tere are other very cool fish and corals!

Not at all. Like I said, I'm new to this and I want to learn as much as possible. I really appreciate all your advice. I definitely want to add some Shrimp, maybe some small crabs , gobys and a yellow tang

Haha alright sounds good. So would you mind posting a stocking list so people can approve/disapprove and help make corrections. I think it would help!

Sorry for my ignorance. I'm new to this. How do I do that?

Back
Top Bottom