Niger trigger cloudy eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just go one myself and after a few weeks mine got the same thing someone please help don't know what to do and I love this fish

Sounds like popeye. It starts out as a cloudy eye and can lead to 2 cloudy eyes. This is not good. The fish cannot see through the infection. It is a bacterial infection, mostly treated with antibiotics. If you dont know whats cause the infection. Usually doin partial water changes, treatment with antibiotics, can help. Personally when my niger got it i used a quarantine tank and highly recommend it. That way u can treat the fish and get it healthy while finding and fixing the cause in the home tank. Ive seen some articles where people have treated with epsom salt. But personally i wouldnt. Id go to ur lfs and get antibiotics and go that route and start treatment and quaratine b4 it gets to bad and possibly lose a beautiful fish.

After the cloudy eye the eyes will start to bulge like there popping out. Hence the name popeye.

crister13 said:
Use melafix. My wrasse had the same thing an it cleared in 3 days.

Did you put it in a different tank cuz I only have one tank

Back
Top Bottom