Nitrate reducing filter pads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They work do a degree BUT... IMHO I would find out why you have a NitrAte issue and maybe up your water changes. I have an issue with NitrAtes and found that my 25% weekly's weren't enough so now I'm doing 50% wc and that is holding.

I figure it is from my tap water. I read somewhere that for a fowlr 40ppm was fine but the other day someone said it should be zero or 5ppm at most

I figure it is from my tap water. I read somewhere that for a fowlr 40ppm was fine but the other day someone said it should be zero or 5ppm at most
For fish only systems trates "can" be higher than 40ppm..before i built my scrubber i had trates as high as 120 before,and they always seemed to hover around 50-60ppm ...
After the scrubber they are basically undetectable ..

+1 on the scrubber . I just added one last week for less than $40 . Better to reduce nitrates naturally then with pads or chemicals IMO .

I made it . I had a normal 55 gallon sump with 3 sections . I removed everything except the skimmer section and adapted a pipe from my overflow box into a scrubber. I don't even know if you can buy them.

Back
Top Bottom