NO3 and filters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah the thought of using bleach in my tank....doesn't sit well. I'd rather spend the 20 bucks and know it's safe.

Looking for suggestions on a skimmer. Did alittle searching, but haven't come up with a definitive solution.

Trying to save as much money as possible.
Looking for a skimmer that is relatively cheap, quite, can be used in 55 gallon tank ( in case I decide to go ahead and upgrade after the holidays ).

How do you all feel about the Seaclone?

I've read mixed reviews everywhere online about this one.

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?familyid=1893#details

Meets my price range, and is good for up to 100 gallons.

Not to rehash old topics, but just wanted you all to know, my Aquac Remora MJ1200 is installed and running today. I also picked up a couple mesh bags of the purigen from ebay. Those should be in by the weekend.

Now, if I could shake this stupid 100 degree fever. gah!

yeah...me too...LOL
I don't know what is wrong with me. I have no other symptoms....kinda weird.

quixand said:
yeah...me too...LOL
I don't know what is wrong with me. I have no other symptoms....kinda weird.
Water temp too high? LOL! Hope you feel better.

Water temp is indeed to high LOL

I've tried removing my heater, I suppose next will be to QT and copper treatment.

LOL

Sorry to butt in, but i was reading this, and i always wondered about the purigen, how does it work ?? i been able to keep mine no3 at 5ppm, but can i put the bags of purigen in my hob filter just for precaution ???

You sure can, that's what I intend to do. Hasn't arrived yet. I'll post my findings in this thread in a week or so.

Update.

I woke up with a 101.9 fever this morning!
Yeah, going to the doctor now LOL .... gotta swallow my man pride. =P

I kept a bag of purigen in my Eclipse system before I upgraded my lights and added a skimmer. I always thought it made a great skimmer substitute since my nitrates were always around 1. Although, with my AquaC Nano Remora, they are now down to 0 all the time.

Back
Top Bottom