Orange spot diamond gobie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaleHauze

Aquarium Advice Freak
Saturday I placed an orange spot diamond gobie and it doesnt want to go to the bottom of the tank because when it does go down my damsel swims past and it swims back to the top. Is this something that will stop once it gets comfortable or dies the damsel have to go?

I would say the damsel will have to go. Sometimes they will tolerate tank mates but if they don't like another fish it will normally attack it till the inevitable happens.

I agree damsels are pains they'll even harass bigger fish he's got to go. Also those gobi's are quit the jumper so make sure you keep the lid down or you'll find it on the floor

Im keeping an eye on them both. Its just sad to see him hanging out in the upper corner of the tank. I think he is just shy because any if my other fish swim by he shoots back to the corner

One night i went out to look at the tank and i found him in the overflow. I got him back over to the DT side and he went to the bottom. Its been 2 weeks and he has been doing great, on the bottom and sifting like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom