Ph 7.8-8.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tkblades

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My ph in my 28 gallon fowlr tank is at 7.8-8.0. I tried using API buffer max and it didn't raise my ph at all. I tried adding baking soda a teaspoon mixed in some tank water once a day and it didn't raise my ph at all. Someone please help me out here. What is the problem. All my fish are happy but my local fish store said it should be 8.2-8.4.

Does your tank have a lid? Getting more fresh air into the tank should help but also I think the PH only needs to be 8.2 - 8.4 if you have corals. Somebody else may correct me if I'm wrong but I think it should be fine

My lid does seal pretty tight. I will try letting my feedin lid open to see if it increases. I dont have corals.
Thanks.

Scott's right try getting more oxygen into the water. If you have some experience you could try using some kalkwasser when topping off your tank.

Get another tester as well. Doesn't sound right. When I add anything to increase my ph its raised almost instant

Yeah I really do t get it. It's an API test kit which to my understanding is pretty accurate. I'm about to head to the lfs ill see what they got.

Back
Top Bottom