phosguard dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last summer I bought a 250ml bottle of phosguard from my LFS. It said to use 250ml for 65-100 gallons. A month ago I bought a 500ml bottle from Amazon. It says to use 85ml for 50 gallons. Those are drastically different amounts. Can anyone explain this to me?

I have a 20 gallon tank and need to know how much to use. I had a 10 gallon before, and this is my first time replacing the phosguard in this tank. I wanted to check my numbers instead of just doubling what I did before, and that is when I found the dosing to be so different.

Does the larger bottle have a different concentration? Did they change things since I bought the bottle last summer?

I would suppose that -as you said- the different bottles (different brands?) have different concentrations of medication. IMO, I'd go with the directions on the packaging. LFS employees are usually a valuable source of info also. You could take both bottles in to show them, and ask their opinion.

Try taking a pict of the directions on both bottles and try to blow them up so the labels can be read . maybe someone with dosing smarts can help direct you to a safe level.

I've always used the phosgaurd granules changing them out every 3 months ,
I want to switch over to the liquid doser but every time I make a supply order I forget to order the doser ,

maybe the different brands are of different strengths as cicibella mentioned

be interesting to know the answer

Back
Top Bottom