Pistol shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I want to get a pistol shrimp and goby but my pseudochromis is aggressive because it bite my cleaner shrimps eyes. Can I get the pistol shrimp an goby?? Its a 20 gallon tank

I would say you can. Pistols might be small, but they're nobody's little punk. They've got a pistol for goodness sakes! That pseudo comes too close, and he'll pay for it. Mine hardly ever comes out of the burrow actually, just see him in and out of the burrow opening while he's pushing sand around. It should be fine.

I have a pistol and watchman goby with a maroon clown and yellow tail damsel with no issues. You should be ok.

My clowns are pretty aggressive lol. Occelarias like seriously?? They killed three fish so I had to add a pretty aggressive fish

Is it best to get a yellow watchman and pistol shrimp at the same time? I have money to get one for now, I was thinking the goby first, read that somewhere about the shrimp doesn't last long without out it

Is it best to get a yellow watchman and pistol shrimp at the same time? I have money to get one for now, I was thinking the goby first, read that somewhere about the shrimp doesn't last long without out it

U can get together or separate. I had my pistol for about 2 weeks before I got the goby. That gave the pistol time to start some burrowing. Then when I got the goby, I released him directly next to one of the openings and they paired up immediately. I read to do it that way, and it worked great for me. They've been inseparable ever since. :)

Cool, I may wait to get both at the same time but if not ill get the shrimp first, thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom