porcupine pufferwith toadstool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dearthm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a new tank 6ft x 2ft x 2ft with 4 ft sump it came with a porkie puffer but i want to add a toad stool coral out of my other tank its about 10 inchs do you think he'll he leave it alone. Thanks.

Based on what I read on liveaquaria, I would say no. Puffers are not reef safe and eat inverts. I wouldn't try it.

It will probably pick at it but probably won't kill it if it's that nice not worth it.

I think with puffers it's down to the individual. Both me and my brother keep puffers with leather corals without a problem. If you really need to put it in just keep an eye on it, you could be lucky.

Ok cheers im selling my other tank with my coral in but wanted to keep the toad stool.
Thanks i will give it a go.

Hi thanks frogmeister have you ever kept a porcupine puffer with a dogface. Would love to add a dogface to my tank.

I've never had any luck mixing puffers, I know lots of people have done it but for me it's too much of a risk. Also for me a puffer is almost a 'centrepiece' of any tank so it'd be a shame to take the attention away from it with another.

Frogmeister said:
I've never had any luck mixing puffers, I know lots of people have done it but for me it's too much of a risk. Also for me a puffer is almost a 'centrepiece' of any tank so it'd be a shame to take the attention away from it with another.

I currently have a Dogface, Blue Spotted Toby, and a Valentini Puffer in my 180g with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom