porqupine puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my puffer for five days and he seems to only like shrimp and he likes to go for the tails for some reason.My question is i want to make sure it's teeth get proper care because i had one before and it couldn't eat because i fed him wrong.Is the shell from shrimp hard enough to keep them from getting lock jaw?

I've had my puffer for five days and he seems to only like shrimp and he likes to go for the tails for some reason.My question is i want to make sure it's teeth get proper care because i had one before and it couldn't eat because i fed him wrong.Is the shell from shrimp hard enough to keep them from getting lock jaw?
Also eats ghost shrimp but usually swallows them.

Shrimp, mussels and crabs should make up at least half the diet of marine puffer fish. Try to use dead foods rather than live. You can buy bags of mussels, prawns, crabs, etc, from seafood stores or the seafood section at supermarkets. keep them frozen until needed, then defrost one and let the fish destroy it.

You can also collect rocks from the ocean that have mussels and barnacles on them. Put the rock in the tank and let the fish eat what's on it.

Back
Top Bottom