Possible Fish List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwright

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a New (running almost 8 wks ), 130 gallon FOWLR tank with 50lbs of live rock (plan on slowly doubling that). Right now it contains a small cleaning crew of 4 Turbo Snails, 4 Trochus Snails and 6 Scarlet Hermits.

The Fish I am thinking about are

2 Percula Clowns
1 Royal Gramma Basslet
1 French Angel
and a
? Tear Drop Butterfly
or
? Saddle Back Butterfly
or
? Racoon Butterfly
or
other (suggestion)

I really am kind of lost on deciding, there are so many great fish, so looking for any advice.

Thanks a bunch this site has helped me huge, I kind of dove into this from freshwater without looking and loving it.

If you are new to keeping salt water fish, I would stay away from the butterflies for now. They can be challenging to keep. They do not aclimate well and they are hard to feed, very picky eaters. If you are looking for good color, try a yellow tang or a lemon peel angle. Both are a striking yellow and add a lot to a tank. Good luck, and remember to add your fish slowly. One or two every four to six weeks should help keep your tank nice and stable...Lando

Thanks it does help, the French Angel i guess worrys me the most It gets fairly large. Does anyone know how fast it will grow? From what I have read it is a forgiving fish as far as water quality and has a great personality.

jwright said:
From what I have read it is a forgiving fish as far as water quality and has a great personality.
To a degree. They are actually quite susceptible to fungal infections so that's not entirely true. They will be a little more forgiving than some other fsh species though.

Their growth will be proportionate to feedings but in a 130 gal tank you should not have too many concerns as long as other large growing tankmates are limited.

Cheers
Steve

I would also like to point out to add the other fish before the angel and/or butterfly. This is so that they don't get a big head and stay aggresive, they know their place. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom