Power head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey guys, i have a 75gl tank with a fluval 404 filter runing and was wondering how many power heads i should run? thanks.

I've heard/been told that a tank should have a circulation rate of at least 10x the volume of the tank. If you have a full blown reef tank (which I don't), though, I think the circulation should be higher.

HTH

I just purchased some maxijets from premium aquatics (sponsor). They should be here on Friday. They also have a $5 'coupon' if you're an aquarium advice member, which paid for the shipping. HTH.

Check with Darin at Captive Reefs (another sponsor) as well. I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't have the pumps/powerheads page up on my site yet :oops: . You are making a good choice with the Maxi Jet powerheads...they are top quality.

I also have a 75 gallon that I just started yesterday....I'll go with FOWLR then a reef much later. How should I place the PH in the tank? I guess I'll get 2 or 3 powerheads.

Back
Top Bottom