Power outage ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike406

Aquarium Advice Regular
I they r calling for high winds in new York and its likely we will lose power. How serious is this for my 55 gallon with 6 or 7 fish in it. My koralias 1400 will not be powered and my wet dry will be off also. Should I worry ?

mike406 said:
I they r calling for high winds in new York and its likely we will lose power. How serious is this for my 55 gallon with 6 or 7 fish in it. My koralias 1400 will not be powered and my wet dry will be off also. Should I worry ?

You need surface agitation. You can go to a sporting goods store and get one of those bubblers fishermen use in bate bins to help agitate the water that use batteries. I had this happen for 12 hours so took a 2 am trip to Walmart and got one. I need to get something better though because I live 40 miles off the gulf coast and we sometimes get hurricanes that bring in bad storms. You can use UPS battery back up like what you use for computers. I know that some people use a car battery but I'm not sure how that works.

Ga power inverter 12 volt car battery needed. Great idea this will convert 12 volts into a plug power inverter. Thx. I'm familiar with this. I have one in my truck for the kids video system.

Back
Top Bottom