Powerhead recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

terencew1962

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys! I have a 55g FOWLR tank that I will eventually add reefs & corals. My question is regarding powerheads. What is the recommended gph powerhead for my tank? Also, I've been trying to post pictures of my tanks. Still can't figure it out. You're input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

terencew1962 said:
Hi Guys! I have a 55g FOWLR tank that I will eventually add reefs & corals. My question is regarding powerheads. What is the recommended gph powerhead for my tank? Also, I've been trying to post pictures of my tanks. Still can't figure it out. You're input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have you looked into the Vortech MP's? If your budget allows I'd go with a MP40 or a MP10.

Koralia is cheaper and is a solid product also.

I've ran both in my bio cube 29

As far as pictures go. Are you using the app or online with your PC?

Convict2161 said:
Have you looked into the Vortech MP's? If your budget allows I'd go with a MP40 or a MP10.

Koralia is cheaper and is a solid product also.

I've ran both in my bio cube 29

As far as pictures go. Are you using the app or online with your PC?

Not to steal from the question but how do you calculate which one is the best one for your tank? After seeing the video of your reef tank I'm sold! I just don't know which one to get! :)

nikki_kaiser said:
Not to steal from the question but how do you calculate which one is the best one for your tank? After seeing the video of your reef tank I'm sold! I just don't know which one to get! :)

Hey Nikki!!

For me it was the different modes and % you can set it at. The night mode and the fact that the dry side is the motor. Less heat being transferred into the display tank. I'm a gadget kinda guy so the MP's were meant for me ;)

That sold me!!

:)

Convict2161 said:
Hey Nikki!!

For me it was the different modes and % you can set it at. The night mode and the fact that the dry side is the motor. Less heat being transferred into the display tank. I'm a gadget kinda guy so the MP's were meant for me ;)

That sold me!!

:)

Which one should I get if I have a 55 gallon tank that is 48 inches long?

nikki_kaiser said:
There's an MP 10, 20, and 40

You can do a MP40 on that tank and I would be killer. I've seen tanks with MP10's also even 2 MP10's do a YouTube search and check them out. They show a 55 gallon with a MP10 making some nice waves.

Back
Top Bottom