preparing to add fish, compatability check?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malkore

Aquarium Advice Addict
quick reminder, this is a 40gallon breeder, with 50lbs of LR, and a skimmer.

I'll be confirmed that my cycle's complete with a final water test at lunch time. Assuming all is well, here's my thoughts on fish:

a clownfish
2-3 green chromis

I know I can't add all these fish at once, but they will get along, right? I like the looks of maroon clownfish, but hear they're aggressive. Is taht only against other clownfish that aren't their 'mate'? How are the percula clownfish behavior?

I wanted a green madarian, but my tanks' too small, and far too young to even pretend like I have a chance of it not starving on me.

So, a total of 4 fish eventually is my goal now, since I just have the Prizm skimmer for now.

Comments?

Perculas are pretty good with almost anything. I have one with 2 green chromis and 2 damsels. Green chromis are less aggressive than their damsel couterparts too.

I would think they would be fine.

You can always go by a compatibility chart which in most cases are right, but in some cases the fish will do the opposite. I had a percula that was extremely aggresive, took it back for a different one, and it gets along with all. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom