prizm deluxe skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEWTOSALT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
says its good up to 100 gallons just wanted to know what u guys thought of it as far as quality goes id like to stay under 100$ for a skimmer i have a 90 gallon tia let me know if u have any other suggestions as far as my price range goes thanks

one word booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i have one and it isnt that effective plus requires consistent tinkering

I had one... for about 2 weeks. Was not worth the $55 I paid for it. It had to be adjusted all the time... was loud and did not skim very well.

And it will not skim a 90 gallon tank well at all. I would not recommened it beyond 50 gallons and even that I think is pushing it.

I am not saying they are junk, just not something I wanted to fool with all the time. Save a bit more money... check out the CPR Bak Pak's and the AquaC Remora line of skimmer.

The prism deluxe will not be enough for a 90 gallon. Manufacturers always over rate their products, especially where there is no hard-fast way to prove or deny their claims (like with a skimmer).

Trust me, neither the deluxe nor the more expensive Pro version will be enough for a 90gallon.
If you can't spend over $100, look at some DIY plans for skimmers. Otherwise, you'll be looking at $200 for a good skimmer for a 90g.

I was looking for something for under $100 too. I read all the bad stuff about the seaclone 150. Most of the bad stuff came from the old models. I went ahead and bought it. It took about 4 days to break in and a little tunning and the thing is skimming like crazy. I would try out the seaclone for now and upgrade later, thats what Im going to do. HTH

Would the Aqua C Ramora Urchin (in sump) skimmer work well for a 55g?
Defiantly. I am using the Remora (hang on) in my sump. Works great! Make sure you get the upgraded MaxiJet pump... the stock RIO sucks!

yes, Aqua C Remora's are good skimmers. I'd say the next step down from them would be teh CPR hang ons...then the SeaClones.

Hovering somewhere at the bottom of the pile you'll find skilters and prisms.

I've got a Prism Pro on my 30 gallon. I'm obviously not exerting too much demand on the skimmer, but it pulls a lot of foul stuff out and I have to clean it weekly. I don't fiddle with the adjustments THAT often.

It works for me...

Back
Top Bottom