Problem with ladybugs getting into my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay179

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had to put my 75 gallon tank in the basement due to many windows in the family room and living room. The last couple of days ladybugs have been in my tank I do have the lid on the tank but I needed some openings for proper gas exchanges. I am currently in the process of cycling the tank. I was wondering what effect this would have on any fishes I add to the tank in the future.

I imagine that, depending on the fish you have, the lady bugs might just end up as a nice treat for a fish. I'm not sure if they are harmful to fish though. I've fed my fish live insects before and they love them.

I used to take a tic-tac container with the top open and leave one tic-tac left in the bottom... leave it outside for a few hours in the summer and the ants would find it. I would then take the tic-tac out and close the door. I would feed my Diamond Tetras a bunch of them and they seemed to love it.

It is a salt water aquarium

Would that have any bearing?

The lady bugs would be seasoned...

Would be some extra food for your fish.

Only thing I can think that might be an issue is if you used pesticides and a whole bunch got in and went through your garden before hand.

Back
Top Bottom