Proper water changin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeM8560

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
this may sound stupid but being new to this Im wondering what the proper way to change tank water is withoug making a mess and cloudy tank? do you dip it out or siphon it out? and pour it in or what? this is my fisrt tank sence I was a kid and fist SW. thanks for you help:confused:

For me, I siphon it out... taking the opportunity to suck gunk off the rock, do a little sand vacuuming, sucking up bubble algae, etc.

I then pump it back in from a bucket using a MaxiJet powerhead and some tubing. No clouds, no mess.

I do the same sort of way to get it out, but I just put the new water in my sump and turn the return pump back on.

I put the bucket as close to the water as i could, then would put my hand over the streem to defelect the full force of the water hitting surface.. now i just add it to my sump

I siphon it out and use a big cup to dip it out the 5 gallon buckets that I make My SW in.

I put a 32 gal plastic garbage can on a chair w/ wheels. siphon about 15 gals. out of the tank. wheel chair to sink and pump out. rinse can and fill to mark w/ ro/di from other 32 gal can, roll to tank area, mix in Instant O to spec and pump back into tank.Total time appx. 3/4 hr.

I use (2) 45 gallon brute garbage containers on wheels. I fill one garbage container with RO/DI water and then add the salt. With in the garbage container is a thermometer and power head. I usually let my water mix for 24 hours. I then use a pump with tubing and suck water from the tank to the other empty garbage container I then wheel over my mixed sw and add it to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom