Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi am planning on starting a sw tank soon, but i need to know what the deal with Protein skimmers is. Do i need it? If so whatr type should i get, how much will this cost me?

I think that before any of us can give you any suggestions on it we willneed to know a little about your tank. How big, what type of filtration, what are you putting in it (ie. will it be fish only, or will you hve live rock, or maybe coral?). Anyways with a little more information about your planned setup we (more like the other more knowlegable people on the forum) will be able to tell you what you need.

Good luck and I hope that this forum can help!

its a 55 gallon, nothing in it yet, i want a FOWLR, i have a fluval 404, i wanna keep clowns because they seem cool and i have heard they are good for beginners.Anything else?

Umm that should be enough info at the moment.

While there are others that know alot more than I do about this on the forum. I think that there will be be many who will agree that the berlin skimmers are good, but the Aqua C Remora is probably the best hang-on-back skimmer around.

With that being said I would definately do some research on them and before you buy anything definately wait for the opinions of others.

HTH!

The Turbo Floater Multi 1000 is a good skimmer too..Actually I'd take it over the Berlin.

Back
Top Bottom