Protein Skimmer collection cup fills fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericsze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a SeaClone 100G Skimmer for my 29G FOWLR tank. I adjusted the air intake to get some bubbles, and it fills the collection cup fast. Fast like the cup gets filled in a hour or so. If i turn it down any more I juts don't get bubbles really. What should I do? I can't leave it on overnight this way...won't it overflow? The box said something about a break in period, but I'm not sure what that means.

The tank is still relatively new, probably 2 weeks out of its cycle.

I too have a Seaclone skimmer. Although mine didn't pull anything out of the tank for a few days. After it "breaks in", it started pulling all kinds of gunk out.

Not sure why yours is pulling stuff out so quickly. Almost sounds like it is pulling an additive out that may have been added to the tank. Have you added any meds or any other kinds of chemicals to the tank recently?

Of course, you may have a lot of DOC in the tank from the cycle and that is what is making it go crazy.

i also have a seaclone make sure that the sponge in the air intake tube is not clogged.

also make sure that that all your seals are sealed completely(meaning from the power head to the cyclone tube).

do you have "softened" water? that also did it on mine.

hth
mark

I have a seaclone and it took it almost 2 weeks to break in now i have had not one problem with it. It works very good i don't care what people say about them it works great. Gets lots of junk out daily.

Back
Top Bottom