Protein Skimmer Running Over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmdub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got an Eshopps PSK-100H two weeks ago and it's been working wonderfully...until last night. It just starting overflowing and I can't get it to stop. I've changed the amount of flow, nothing blocking the intake, air valve not kinked yet everytime I plug it in, it fills the column within seconds and is overflowing into my collection cup. Any suggestions?

Did you feed something or add something different to the water? Sometimes this can make the skimmers go nuts. Try setting the water level in the skimmer all the way down and see what happens.

mine did the same thing last week turned out i bumped a switch on the pump letting too much water in so chech to see if there is a slide that changes the intake.I have an octopus skimmer

Have you cleaned it resently? Some times just after you clean it then it will run wild for a little while.

I've read they can be pretty intolerant of changes but I'd not added anything or done anything differently. I just cleaned it and reprimed it seems to be doing ok so far. Thanks for the help/suggestions! :)

Back
Top Bottom