Purchasing used setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jandc805

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All, I have decided to plunge into to marine aquarium hobby. I have been reading some books at a slow pace the past couple of months. I have decided to start with a medium size tank and I just found a used setup that is on sale on craigslist. I went yesterday to look at it and the tank is in good condition but has lots of pink calcium all over it, the guy said he has just been lazy to scrape it off. I plan on stripping it and starting fresh with the parts that it comes with. Just need an opinion about going this route. He is selling for $350 and it is a 46 gallon bowfront glass and comes with stand and filter, heater, power head, lights with timer and extra accessories. Would the current calcium affect with what I plan to do in stripping it and making a FOWLR tank? Any ideas would help since I am considered a newb, Thanks all!

it's coralline algae. it's not going to hurt anything, but what heater? what power head? what lights?

I don't know what type of equipment it was but the guy has been running it for a few years with no problems so I'm guessing it has to be some decent type of equipment. Thanks for the info X.

Back
Top Bottom