Qt tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a used to be freshwater tank that is now is empty I'm thinking of selling it for some money for the sw tank but I heard keeping an extra qt tank helps a lot what should I do

You could use it as a sump and or a refugium. I have a 30 gallon connected with a over flow box as a refugium if i need to I can turn off the pump and it's separate from my system. If I need to treat with Meds I can move rocks and plants to my sump. What size tanks are you talking about?

ezy33 said:
You could use it as a sump and or a refugium. I have a 30 gallon connected with a over flow box as a refugium if i need to I can turn off the pump and it's separate from my system. If I need to treat with Meds I can move rocks and plants to my sump. What size tanks are you talking about?

The qt tank is a 45

How big will the new tank be? I would definitely keep a QT tank. I made the mistake of not using one and it bit me in the arse. Luckily, I had some spare tanks around to set up quickly to treat a couple fish with ich. If that's bigger than what you want, you could sell it and get a smaller one depending on the type of fish you're getting.

Airgoose2222 said:
How big will the new tank be? I would definitely keep a QT tank. I made the mistake of not using one and it bit me in the arse. Luckily, I had some spare tanks around to set up quickly to treat a couple fish with ich. If that's bigger than what you want, you could sell it and get a smaller one depending on the type of fish you're getting.

The new tank is 70 gallons and thanks on what you said I will be keeping the qt tank don't want any sick fish

for what you could sell the 45 for wouldnt even be worth it imo keep it not having a qt is like playing russian roulette

Back
Top Bottom