question about starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemmer

Aquarium Advice Activist
If a starfish tips over upside down in the ocean is it pretty much toast? I have had a starfish actually get eaten because it flipped over, and i assumed it could get back over but it must not have. And well now my current starfish is tipped over behind my rocks and i need to know if they can get back over or am i going to have to re land scape?

I'm thinking a healthy starfish could turn himself over. Might wanna be able to get to him anyway if it dies. I hope not, but if he can't turn over by himself, you may have the problem again real soon.

Last edited:
Ok, i was planning on doing it anyways. I was getting a little worried. I did just switch my substrate and that might have stressed him.

Wait just checked and hes 3/4's there. He's attaching himself to a rock so ill let him do his thing, but keep a watchful eye on him.

I agree, a healthy star should be able to flip over. What kind of star and how are you acclimating it?

I've actually had it awhile. And its a choc chip. I think its just stressed with the tank condition right now. Or he was in a bad spot. He was in a spot at the back of the tank where it was just wide enough for him in between the glass and the rock.

I'm thinking a healthy starfish could turn himself over.

that is true.

100_1197-med.jpg

Nice shot Mike! What's the claw looking thing behind it?

Just a clip feeder for my dried seaweed. The tangs must have pulled it off the glass.

Ahhh, ok, it looked like a crab's claw and a big one at that!

Back
Top Bottom