re-aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big improvement. I'm sure the gravel to sand swap wasn't too fun. I'd go for some real live rock, and ditch the plastic decor. I guess if you really like them, pick your favorite, like those two fish and set them ina cave of live rock or something.

Actually I'm still not satisfied. The rocks look like something I found in a river and they're too cluttered. The sand is too tan, too.

I'm going to buy some marine sand in white and some of this rock:

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Florida Reef Rock (50lbs - Free Shipping)

A lot of work, but it's not enjoyable if I'm not happy with it.

I just got a shipment of that base rock, it was huge! You can also special request pieces if you ask ahead. It was on sale for $85 for 50lbns which is a steal. :)

I'm wondering why live rock if I don't plan on going corals or invertebrates? Doesn't the base rock turn into live rock with the nitrifying bacteria since my tank is already cycled.

I guess I'm saying I see no point in buying live rock.

Thanks for the compliments! :)

Carey, I got it for $85 too! :-D Can it be broken into smaller pieces?

You're right, it doesn't have to be live, dry base rock is fine too. I know before you had some dense looking rock that looked more like what you'd find in freshwater.

Yeah some are pretty dense and not very porous. That base rock I linked above looks really nice. Can't wait to get it in my tank!

if you want a specific size of rocks just email them, they are very accomadating i promise. I will be breaking some rocks, they are extremely porous and pretty light for their size. Perfect rock in my opinion. I added some to my 55g so I'm up to 80 lbs of LR in there. I'm saving another 45 of lr for my biocube. :)

sorry to hijack the thread but is their rock light n porous im considering ordering from them than Marcos cuz its cheaper per lb

-_- i would miss that lol. could i request size for a 10g i dont wana end up with pieces that are huge yet to small also i want to be able to fill a good portion of my tank and stack up and make caves in it as well

Thank you wolfpack (what's your name?) and carey!

So another update.. the tan colored sand is growing on me. Canceled that order of white sand (luckily I ordered on sunday.. lol).

I think the tan sand I have with the blue background and some white rocks will look ace.

And I'm happy I don't have to do another substrate change (2 wins in 1).

I'm wondering how long should I let this new rock sit in the tank when it arrives before I take the current rocks out?

Gotta let the bacteria get on the new rocks, right? How long would that take. I just changed substrate so there's probably little bacteria in that.

Back
Top Bottom