Ro/di filter changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denwhite16

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've seen different opinions on here on when I should be changing my filters/membranes. Some say anything other than 0ppm, others say it can go higher. I just wanted to see if anyone has any defiant I've answer as to when and why.

Also on the same topic, are all of these filters the same or do I need to buy them from the place I got them? I have 5 filters/membranes on my unit. (3 vertical in the canisters, and 2 horizontal that are the final filters). Any good deals anywhere on these?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I change mine out about every 6 months or sooner if they need it. If my sediment and carbons look dirty I change them. The di resin I also change out every six months or so, but by the time I do it the TDS is about 1-2 coming out of the good water tubing.
It's really up to you, the less TDS you have going in the better but if its around 1 or 2 then I wouldnt stress it really.

I do not know what type of kind of ro.di unit you have, mine for instance from brs will take any standard cartridges. The di resin you just fill up after emptying the garbage di. The membrane, which is usually on top going sideways, needs replacement about every two years or so.

Back
Top Bottom