Rock or coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I used to have hermit crabs and this used to be in the tank with them but once I got rid of them I took it out and totally forgot about it till I saw it last night is it a piece of rock or is it dried coral I'm a newbie in salt water

Attachments

• image-1758449798.jpg
    image-1758449798.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2795639711.jpg
    image-2795639711.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2808076806.jpg
    image-2808076806.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 116
no, once it is bleached and rock hard it is gone. i have lots of dead coral mixed in with my rock to give it a more natural look

Danget where can you get coral and how much is it

what kind of lighting system do you have? how long has the tank been set up? i buy my coral from two different stores, people also order them online. liveaquaria.com is a good site, they show exact pictures of the coral you are buying

price completely depends on what you get. you can get cheap frags for as low as 5 bucks or some colonies can reach over 300 dollars

Yeah it's a t8 what do you need to grow corals... I was told that I wouldn't be able to keep an anemone with this light but my anemone is very healthy and seems fine

I'm assuming it is a condy anemone and ime they don't need as much light as other nems like bubble tips and so on. How long have you had the nem? T5 lighting, metal halides or high powered leds will be required to keep stony corals. Softies you can get by with compact fluorescents or power compacts but growth will be slow. T8 will not grow any coral except maybe mushrooms.

It's a pink tipped anemone and how much are those lights I'm 16 and don't have a job haha so I'm trying to keep a salt water tank going on pretty much an empty wallet

Oh wow those are super cheap compared to the sites I was looking on I saw a light for sale at over $1300

what size tank is this for? i would get a 120w dimmable led, then you can grow anything you want and won't have to change the bulbs every 6-12 months like with fluorescent lighting. i got my bridgelux 120w dimmable for 117 dollars

It's for a 40g tall here's what the tank looks like so far I don't have fish yet but I have 10 blue legged crabs a skunk cleaner shrimp a pink tipped anemone and a chocolate chip star fish

Attachments

• image-1302920272.jpg
    image-1302920272.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 93
  • image-4265241908.jpg
    image-4265241908.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 83
I agree with the dimmable eBay leds. Thought the tank was smaller for some reason lol.

It's for a 40g tall here's what the tank looks like so far I don't have fish yet but I have 10 blue legged crabs a skunk cleaner shrimp a pink tipped anemone and a chocolate chip star fish

a 120w dimmable would be perfect for your tank. I've used t5ho and won't ever go back with how cheap and reliable leds have become

Ok thanks guys how long do LEDs last and what do I search for and where should I look for these dimable lights

Ok thanks guys how long do LEDs last and what do I search for and where should I look for these dimable lights

they last 50k hours, which if you ran them for 10 hours a day thats 5000 days or over 13 years. t5 bulbs need replacing after a year so it pays for itself. just search 120w dimmable led on ebay and look at the reviews

Back
Top Bottom