Royal Gramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saywill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, I went out and bought a royal gramma, the moment he went into the tank, he killed my beautiful clown fish. He took a rest, and today he is showing aggression toward my 6 line wrasse. I thought this was a peaceful fish??:(:(:(:(:(:(

Personally, I have had no issues with my gramma and it is considered a community fish. However, every fish is different. Were other fish healthy and in good condition? Sorry for your lose.

You sure it was a royal gramma? The bicolor pseudochromis look kind of like them (purple front end, yellow rear end), but are definitely not a peaceful fish. I'd be willing to bet your LFS mislabeled the fish because the royal grammas I've encountered are afraid of their own shadow, let alone another fish.

I agree with Kurt. The fish was probably mislabled. They can be hard to tell apart unless seen side by side.

Very good point about the mislabling. Bicolor pseudos tend to have a distint line dividing the purple with the yellow. Grammas typically "fade" from one color to the next, it often looks like tiny dots in the transition area.

Sorry about your loss. The sixline should be able to hold his own. If your new fish is this aggressive you might want to take him back or you might have problems in the future adding others.

Back
Top Bottom