Royal Gramma / Halimeda Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boulder

Aquarium Advice Activist
Folks - any opinions or thoughts welcome.

Thinking of adding a Royal Gramma - from what I have researched they seem to be a peaceful fish, however I also realize with Basslets that can be touch and go and they can turn semi-aggressive. So questions are ...

• Are the Royal Gramma's a fish that spends it's time swimming in the water column or are they the type fish that hide amongst the rockwork and you don't see them that much? Other tank mates will include a pair of tank bred Ocellaris Clownfish that have been in the aquarium about 5 weeks.

• I have a sprout of Halimeda algae growing in our aquarium. It is a bright green and adds nice color and flow to the overall aqua-scaping. Seems to be doing well and growing so I would like to let it continue to grow but does anyone know of any negative downsides to having Halimeda in the tank?

Thanks for any comments!

My royal gramma is rather shy and hides since I put in a clown he does come out more, but never far from his safe place.

As long as you can control it`s growth I dont see any downsize. It will help to export excessive nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom