SaddleBack Clowns, Breaking Up? What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

werth6812

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay so i have had a pair of black saddleback clowns since July. This pair started out close to the same size and pretty much on their own. I have had the pleasure of watching them go through an aggressive stage, a friendly stage, and now for the last 3 months or so they have been inseparable, my female is extensively larger than the male, they have claimed my white and green hammerhead as their home, they eat together, they sleep together, they swim together, you NEVER see them apart. 2 nights ago, I am laying in bed watching tv and i jump up and ask my husband where is back? (back is my male, saddle is my female.. I know lame..) I thought something had happened to him, because saddle is swimming around my tank and no back to be found. So i get up turn on the lights look around, and back is in the top left corner of my tank...weird, but he seems okay, healthy, no problems, i go back to be perplexed. since them, my male keeps trying to come back home to the hammerhead coral and Saddle, my female, chases him back to the corner, she has decided he is no longer welcome around her, and occasionally she will seek him out just to chase and bite him, then go back to her home... I had thought for sure, i was getting close to having a mated pair, and kept looking for eggs, the way she cleaned the rock around the hammer head coral and how inseparable they had been for months... and now saddle wants nothing to do with back, has anyone seen this happen before, any ideas of why, or how to fix it, if it is even fixable?

Back
Top Bottom