Safe Copper Levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

americanbambam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello friends -

I was wondering what the community thought was a good level to keep copper at in a QT?

I like to keep my new fish in a QT for a week or so before I put them into my display tank and was wondering what was a good and safe level for copper to be at to kill any "bugs" my new fish may bring with them.

Also, has any ever mixed NOX-ICH with Coppersafe and what were the results. I did that and I think it killed my fish. =(

I wouldnt mix meds in my opinion. Like you said it may be dangerous to the fish. I would suggest at least 2 weeks in the qt, thats what I plan on doing going forward. I'm also not going to preventative treat them with anything, if they show any signs of anything I will go from there

As was mentioned, you should not mix meds. Coppersafe should be kept at a level of 1.5 to 2.0 ppm. It's a chelated copper formula and you need to use the correct test kit. The API copper test kits will give you the correct readings for Coppersafe.

Back
Top Bottom