sailfin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
so my b/f came home today with a sailfin tang 8O . he knew i wanted one, but i was thinking more later than sooner, lol. the tank is only a 55, altho he/she is small (about 2 inches). i told him there would be an upgrade in our future since the lfs doesnt do returns. so my question is how long do we have until we need to upgrade? we have access to a huge tank (150 gal i think) w/ stand for $200 in about 3-4 weeks. it would just take awhile to get lr and and the like, since we/i am financially challanged.

Well, that sounds like a good deal on the tank. The sailfin will be ok for a few months probably. Worse case scenario, the big tank becomes a fish only tank with a couple pieces of rock for decoration until you can afford to do what you want. That would be my suggestion.

I had a salfin for about a year in a 50 gallon.He was very small when I got him.He grew pretty big then I moved him to the big tank a month later,?death.

im hoping i have until xmas and tax time, then ill have the money to get everything that is needed if we get the bigger tank now or then. i think it will be alright since he/she is quite small. i also have lots of swimming space. i can see now why tangs require that much water, they sure do swim around alot. i got the nori (sushi wraps) from the grocery store and put a few peices in there, he liked em, so thats good. such a pretty fish.

now the bad news is that they can have 'tudes..so watch any new fish added.

Looks good. Live aquaria says that a minimum 125 gallon tank is needed for them. If he is only 2 inches you might be OK for a few months. Here is mine. He is about 6 inches long.

img_679370_0_15e94f9703c00230ef370c959f6ef1f6.jpg

img_679370_1_45c8b2cebdc6d8c9db06dcc959f6b445.jpg

when i do upgrade, all i want is a pair of maroons (have 1 already) and the sailfin. and of course corals. ive only got a few mushrooms and cololy polyps. i say that now, tho, well see when its setup!! so i guess my tax return is spent already, huh. and i thought i didnt have anything to buy with it, HAHA!!

very pretty fishy meluso!!

Nice Tangs Guys!

Melosu, that tang is so awesome! Did it have that blue coloration near the tail when it was a juv.? Or did it gain that color when it reached adulthood?

melosu58 said:
It will money well spent

aint that the truth!! LOL. fishfrik does have a point there, does the blue come when the fishie reaches adulthood? there is no blue on my lil guy...

I dont know to be honest. I got him a few years ago when I went to my 125 that I have now. He had it then. Maybe someone else can tell us. I`ll research it.

all i want is a pair of maroons (have 1 already)

Nice fish. On the clowns, make sure the one you get is smaller than the one you have.

Back
Top Bottom