Salt water tank is getting too hot in day time!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashyxiv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello my friends, I recently started a salt water tank (60L) and I have cycled properly with constant water checks. Now my tank has 2 cute little clown fish. Everything seems okay but tank is so hot as I feel. I have 4 other freshwater tanks (I had these for years) and they all seems fine. I never used a heater or a thermometer. Because of this issue I just bought a sticker thermometer and it always gives me 30C and I'm planning to buy a heat gun these days. I had to put my hand in the tank to fix some issue with the wave maker and I was so worried because water felt so hot to my hand.

My salt water tank has a hang on back filter and a wave maker. I tried turning off wave maker and it doesn't matter there's no any change in the water temperature. I have a full glass lid closing the tank. I don't use tank light too much because I go to the office in the morning and when I come it's too late around 21.00. I use blue light until I go to sleep. At night temperature getting down drastically. Can you guys advice me something I can use to overcome this? Any workaround would be fine too. Thanks in advance!

86 degrees is too hot for a saltwater tank. You want to aim between 72-78. If there is a heater in the tank, turn it down. Point powerheads towards the surface to help displace heat as well as help with CO exchange. If there is a lid on the tank I would also consider removing it.

You could also blow a fan across the surface of the water. This will cool it off.

Back
Top Bottom