Saltwater Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any others? lol, ok all Centropyge: eibli, multicolor, flavissimus, nox, tibicin, flavicauda, vroliki, aurantia, argi, bicolor, aurantonotus, acanthops , multifasciata, potteri...many others :)

The only three I`ve ever had were very hardy. They were a coral beauty a flame and a keyhole. I`m sure many of the ones that James gave you are hardy also but those are the only three I have experience with.

Which ones are best is subjective, but my top favorites are C. bispinosa, C. loricula (Melosu's link), C. aurantia, and C. potteri. Of my personal favorites, C. aurantia and C. potteri, are relatively shy and more challenging. Most of the Centropyge attain no more than 4-5" with the pygmy's no more than 3". I think the most popular and readily available would be C. bispinosa, C. loricula, and C. eibli with pygmy angels (usually C. argi) making random appearances. Their main diet is algae, but feed on a variety of organisms in reef aquaria...always worth their weight I think :D

They normally relish nori or similar algae, but will feed on mysis, krill, clam meat, minced shrimp, minced fish, etc. You can create a food mash/mix with a variety of foods ;) They will also consume sponge or other small invertebrates like feather dusters (usually small colonials).

Visit Liveaquaria.com and have a look at the fish they offer there. They provide pretty good information on requirements.

Back
Top Bottom