Saltwater fish only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tategrant

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you recommend for me starting my 90 gallon saltwater tank. I have a wet dry filter and a protein skimmer.

Wow...that is an open-ended question. You will want rock and possibly sand (some people do bare bottom). You might need a heater, depending on where you are. You will want a saltwater test kit (unless you are going to run to your LFS a lot for testing). You can buy pre-mixed saltwater or make your own. To test salinity, you need at least a hydrometer, preferably a refractometer (more accurate). You will need something to move water around, so probably a power head or two. You do not want dead spots in the tank.

Are you doing a reef or FOWLR?

FOWLR. I have most of what you explained. And everything else is on my list. Thanks for your help. I want my tank to succeed.

So what exactly are you asking? What to do now that you have all the equipment? If you have everything, then get water in, cycle (shrimp or dosing ammonia...there are articles that explain how to do that properly) and wait for everything to happen with that process. Should take about a month.

Back
Top Bottom