Sand still clouding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
Idk what to do I put sand in several days ago and it's still not settling I can't turn my power head on till I get it all to settle

If u did not rinse it.... Big mistake what u will have to do is take the sand out. Then put it in a bucket run a hose in the bucket and swirl the water around empty the water and do it again until the water is clear when u swirl it

The purpose of rinseing it is so that u get the small particles of sand out

What u r seeing not settleing in the tank is the small particles that won't settle

Ohhhhh ok is there any other way to do this cuz I don't wanna do that

Ohhhhh well u could try to siphon all the water out and see if the small particles come out but there is no garentee this method will work

If you have an old hob filter or canister you can set it up with just filter floss/poly fill and let it run for about an hour or so then change the material out with fresh. Make sure to disturb the sand bed a few times to get what has settled back into the water column.

Unfortunetly u most likely will in less u have an old filter that u don't mind if it gets ruined

If u did not rinse it.... Big mistake what u will have to do is take the sand out. Then put it in a bucket run a hose in the bucket and swirl the water around empty the water and do it again until the water is clear when u swirl it

If its live sand wouldn't be bad to rinse it out with with just regular hose water?

I'm using a filter cuz I want it to be more natural and artificial and plus I don't have any more outlets in my room lol and ill prolly go out and buy a cheap filter do you think I could use a filter for like a smaller tank to filter it out

I'm using a filter cuz I want it to be more natural and artificial and plus I don't have any more outlets in my room lol and ill prolly go out and buy a cheap filter do you think I could use a filter for like a smaller tank to filter it out

So what are you planing to use to keep the tank clean? Also why not just get a tank that's rated for the tank bad idea getting a small one you will need a filter on that tank that's just me I don't know what makes you feel you don't even the ocean has a natural filter.

Back
Top Bottom